TV Talent shows
What we see on the television as the audition process is not the reality! No one sees the famous judges first….. the process is time consuming and involves hours of queuing and waiting time!! You have to remember that the role of the TV show is to create a programme that is interesting to watch and will attract millions of viewers. Appearances can be deceptive so if your child or indeed someone you know is looking to audition be prepared……..
As promised here are a few of ‘cons’ as discussed by The Vocalist regarding TV Talent shows!
- Queues – Television auditions are popular and you can expect to wait several hours or even all day before getting through the doors, let alone being seen!
- Contestants – May be eliminated on looks whilst waiting in line – all that time waiting and no opportunity to audition!
- Audition – Contestants are usually screened by the shows producer, a representative from the management company or other personnel and may NOT be called back for an audition with the celebrity judges (who you may not see at all until the night of the show).
- Cameras – The advent of ‘Reality TV’ means that the contestant must be prepared to be filmed during the whole process.
- Performance – Be prepared for criticism! Celebrity judges like New Faces Tony Hatch, Pop Idol’s Simon Cowell and Pete Waterman held no punches when it came to their opinion of the artists performance.
- Contracts – Contestants must sign a contract with the show which may tie them into a label or management company that has little or no interest in promoting them and may include terms which are detrimental to the performer i.e., minimum royalties, low or non existent performance fees and deductions from earnings even when no longer with the company.
It is better to be prepared than not……..
We hope that you have a great week!